Mission & Vision
The BC Seniors Living Association provides leadership through education and networking opportunities for its members. The BC Seniors Living Association also provides advocacy on issues that relate to the senior living industry that impact our members operating Independent and Assisted Living Communities in BC. BCSLA is proud to be home to the ‘Seal of Approval Program’, a self regulatory, external and internal assessment program providing the highest standard of service and safety for the seniors living in our communities.
“To inspire, support and advocate for members of the senior living industry.”
- Being recognized as a credible voice for new and established retirement communities;
- Enhancing collaborative relationships;
- Strengthening our membership;
- Promoting and monitoring service delivery standards;
- Enhancing our member and association profiles;
- Promoting educational opportunities for member development;
- Interfacing with Government and leading knowledge development of pending and existing related legislation;
- Educating the public on options for support services and retirement living;
- advocating for resident choice in exercising these options;
- Standardizing definitions related to retirement communities.